StrategyPage's Military Jokes and Military Humor
Return to Humor Index
Rules of Combat
Rules of Combat
- Bring a weapon. Preferably, bring at least two. Bring all of your friends who have weapons. Bring their friends who have weapons.
- Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
- Only hits count. Close doesn't count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
- If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough, nor using cover correctly.
- Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
- If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a big weaponand a friend with a big weapon.
- In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived and who didn't.
- If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
- Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting is more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the weapon.
- Use a weaponthat works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
- Someday someone may kill you with your own weapon, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
- In combat, there are no rules, always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
- Have a plan.
- Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
- Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The visible target should be in FRONT of YOUR weapon.
- Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
- Don't drop your guard.
- Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
- Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).
- Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
- The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
- Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
- Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
- Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
- Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a ".4."
- See USMC Rules for combat
- Add 60 to 90 days
- Hope the Marines already destroyed all meaningful resistance
- Spend three weeks getting somewhere
- Adopt an aggressive offshore posture
- Send in the Marines
- Drink Coffee
- Bring back the Marines
- Kiss the spouse good-bye
- Drive to the flight line
- Fly to target area, drop bombs, fly back.
- Pop in at the club for a couple with the guys
- Go home, BBQ some burgers and drink some more beer