Return to Wargame Main Page Return to Wargame News Index
Demo of Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin released
Battlefront.com proudly announces that a playable 3 scenario demo for its upcoming Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin (CMBB) will be released for the PC and Mac on September 1st, 2002. It can be downloaded free from www.battlefront.com.
CMBB is a realistic 3D WWII ground combat simulation of warfare on the Eastern Front, from 1941 to 1945. CMBB (for the PC and Mac) will be available for purchase online through Battlefront.com on September 20th, 2002.
The demo will feature two playable scenarios and a tutorial for beginners.
Starting with the German invasion of Russia in 1941 through the 1945 storming of Berlin, the player is able to fight with historically accurate forces and equipment of 7 nations from the Black Sea in the South to the Arctic Circle in the north.
Experience combat in a full 3D battlefield as tracers arc overhead and exploding shells shake the earth! Feel the tremendous power of the feared Russian Katyusha rocket barrage! Order a tank hunter team to assault a heavy KV-1 with Panzerfausts and magnetic mines in the ruins of a shattered city! A modern hybrid turn-based/realtime system combines with 3D lines of sight, misidentification of targets, location by sound, advanced armor penetration systems, morale and leadership, fire and smoke, wind and weather – and much more to bring you unprecedented realism from the people who revolutionized the wargaming genre!
“Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin” Game features include:
Visit www.battlefront.com for more information and screenshots!
- Battle on the Eastern Front from Operation Barbarossa 1941 until VE Day 1945, from the Black Sea to the Arctic Circle
- Hi-res 3D graphics and dynamic stereo sound effects
- Operation maps up to 24 square kilometres in size
- Unique Turn / Real time hybrid system - allows for detailed planning and exciting realtime action
- Internet / LAN / PBEM and Hotseat head to head play
- 7 nations – German, Soviet, Finnish, Italian, Romanian, Hungarian and Polish
- 300+ different tanks and vehicles
- 600+ other units
- 60 battle scenarios and 10 operations
- Quick Battle maker for unlimited computer made scenarios
- Full featured Map and Scenario Editor to create your own battles and operations
- Weather effects, air strikes and night combat
- Unparalleled realism and attention to detail