Return to Wargame Main Page Return to Wargame News Index
New Patch for Dominions II: The Ascension Wars!
Discussion Board on this Wargame news
Cary, NC, 11 April 2005 - Shrapnel Games and Illwinter Game Design would like to announce the release of the
version 2.16 patch for the hit fantasy strategy title, Dominions II: The Ascension Wars.
Version 2.16 is fully compatible with versions 2.12 to 2.15, although if playing a
multiplayer game all players should be running the same version to avoid problem results
The patch corrects a handful of newly discovered bugs, and also provides Dominions
players will a nice collection of new enhancements and balance changes. The fixed bugs
- Fishes with "Amulet of the Fish" can now retreat to land provinces.
- Goto province also works on assassination messages.
- The battlefield grid has been fixed.
- Destroyed local enchantments sometimes still displayed.
The following are new to the game:
- The maximum number of mods has been increased to 100
- New monster modding commands: #magicboost and #castledef.
- Can now mod different looking GUIs for individual nations.
- Shape changing god automatically begins at a low HP form.
- #selectitem accepts numbers.
- Assassination victims override a retreat order.
- Improved error message if a mod needs to be installed to play on your turn.
The version 2.16 patch can be downloaded directly from Shrapnel Games. Please visit
www.shrapnelgames.com/Illwinter/d2/6.htm to do so.
Dominions II: The Ascension Wars was released in 2003 and quickly became the
powerhouse must-have strategy title for those longing for a deep, feature-rich turn-based
game that rewarded intelligence and strategic acumen. Available on every major
operating system, with a strong community of fans that enjoy both its ease of modding
and engaging multiplayer aspects, Dominions II is what grand strategic gaming is all
You can purchase Dominons II in the StrategyPage game store.