Return to Wargame Main Page Return to Wargame News Index
The Rush for Berlin has begun!
Discussion Board on this Wargame news
New York, USA (May 30, 2006) - Paradox Interactive, a leading publisher and developer of critically acclaimed PC strategy titles, announced today that “Rush for Berlin”, the epic WWII RTS from Stormregion, has shipped to stores in North America. The title has a suggested retail price of $39.99 and has been rated Teen.
"Stormregion have brought new life into a beloved genre with the new and innovative features in “Rush for Berlin”" said Fredrik. W. Lindgren, Director of Publishing at Paradox Interactive. "We are very excited about bringing this title to the North American gaming community and encourage those unfamiliar with the game to try out the multiplayer demo that is widely available".
There are several levels to “Rush for Berlin” and these are some of the features included:
- Players can follow the historical timeline or the alternative reality.
- Time is used to measure the overall performance of the player as he advances from level to level and it is used to acquire reinforcements on a particular level.
- Heroic officers have a special skills system.
- 5 multiplayer modes, including the completely new modes, R.I.S.K and R.U.S.H.
- Fully destructible buildings, graphical feedback on the landscape, structures and units on fire create an atmosphere comparable to the greatest war movies.
- Highly detailed damage model allows partial loss of functionality and various attack strategies (e.g. attacking tanks from the rear). The computer opponent will react accordingly.
- An even further developed graphics and game engine (GEPARD) delivers amazing pictures and creates an enveloping cinematic feel.
“Rush for Berlin” is also available now for direct download on Gamersgate.net.
Players can access the multiplayer demo and find out more information about the official “Rush for Berlin” tournament with great prizes on the Rush for Berlin website.