Reports are surfacing that confirm the SPLAs claim its forces successfully raided south Sudan's oil fields earlier this month. The confirmed raid occurred on August 5. The target was support facilities in the Heglig oilfield. The SPLA claims it hit Hegligs electric generation station. That assertion is disputed, though Western news services now report Sudanese government sources say the Heglig headquarters was struck by mortar fire. Several sources report the pipeline from Heglig (carrying Sudans Nile Blend crude) was shut down for 12 hours. The oilfield produces around 200,000 barrels a day. The pipeline runs from Heglig to Port Sudan. The government report says a 20 man commando team staged the raid. The SPLA says it had 1500 troops involved in the operation.